Today: Thursday 22nd of March 2018
Babu Banarasi Das
National Institute of Technology & Management (Recognized by AICTE, Govt. of India & Affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow)
The department has a well established laboratory with experimental set up of all experiments .
EAS152/EAS-252 : ENGINEERING CHEMISTRY (PARACTICALS)
List of Experiments
1. Determination of alkalinity in the given water sample.
2. Determination of temporary and permanent hardness in water sample using EDTA as standard solution.
3. Determination of available chlorine in bleaching powder.
4. Determination of chloride content in bleaching powder.
5. Determination of iron content in the given water sample by Mohr's methods. 6. pH-metric titration.
7. Determination of Equivalent weight of iron by the chemical displacement method. The equivalent weight of copper is 63.5.
8. Viscosity of an addition polymer like polyester by Viscometer.
9. Determination of iron concentration in sample of water by colorimetric method. The method involves the use of KSCN as a colour developing agent and the measurements are carried out at ?max 480nm.
10. Element detection and functional group identification in organic compounds.
11. Preparation of Bakelite resin.