Today: Thursday 22nd of March 2018
Babu Banarasi Das
National Institute of Technology & Management (Recognized by AICTE, Govt. of India & Affiliated to Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow)
Laboratory: The Department of Physics has a well equipped laboratory with all latest and complete experimental setups.
EXPERIMENTAL SET UP IN DARK ROOM It consists of a dark room which has the following experimental set ups
1. Newton's rings experimental set up.
2. Nodal Slide experimental set up.
3. Biquartz polarimeter experimental set up.
4. Half shade polarimeter experimental set up.
5. Diffraction Grating experimental set up.
EXPERIMENTAL SET UP IN MAIN LAB
The main lab has experimental set ups of the following experiments
1. Carey Foster Bridge
2. ECE of copper
3. Calibration of voltmeter
4. Calibration of ammeter
5. Coefficient of Viscosity of water.
6. Variation of Magnetic field.
7. Band gap in Semiconductor
The experiments are first allotted to students so that they can study the basics then the experiments are demonstrated to them by the lab demonstrator Mr.Gorakhnath Tripathi (MSc Physics). For additional help of students small constants, standard values etc are provided on the laboratory notice boards. Also complete circuit diagrams of all experiments are demonstrated on chart papers which are pasted on the walls of the laboratory.